My three year old daughter could live off of beans straight out of the can, dried cranberries and an occasional dose of chocolate chips. After giving her a little bowl of beans this morning I was left pondering what I was going to do with the rest of the can. Digging my way through the fridge and pantry I found some avocados that were a day past their prime, cilantro, a bunch of limes, and eight grape tomatoes. It sounded like a great start to some guacamole. So I threw in the beans with the guacamole ingredients and gave it a whirl in the blender. It turned out delicious on some organic blue corn chips.
Avocado and Cannellini Bean Dip
Yields roughly 2 cups
*I try to use organic, eco-ganic or responsibly farmed ingredients as much as possible
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (other beans should work as well)
- 2 Haas Avocados, pits and skin removed
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (packed) cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put everything in a blender or food processor and blend until you get the consistency you desire.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy al fresco with some people you love and a cool drink!
xo – Cecile