The Liebster Award recognizes blogs with under 200 followers and is a great way for new bloggers to support and recognize one another. It is an avenue for newer blogs to pay-it-forward.
I was honored recently to receive a Liebster Award Nomination from in cahoots with muddy boots. Thank you for appreciating my content and putting my blog out there for others to discover.
As a nominee I am required to answer 11 questions posted by my nominator (including a link their blog in the post so that they can see my responses), nominate 11 other blogs under 200 followers that inspire me, and ask them 11 of my own questions.
So here we go, in cahoots with muddy boots; the answers to your questions:
1. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Working on this blog!
2. What is your favorite movie?
That’s a really hard one but I think it has to be National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
3. Where would you like your next vacation to be?
Cinque Terre, Italy or Santorini, Greece
4. Who is your favorite author and why?
Lorraine Snelling. She is the author of a series of books based in the late 19th/early 20th century about Norwegian immigrants coming to the U.S. seeking the opportunity to own their own land. It tells stories about their physical, emotional and spiritual struggles. It shines a light on how many crucial roles women played in holding a family together. They could bring very little on their wagon trip out west, so they had to make a lot of things by hand like tools, soap, even their own fabric called homespun. These women are my inspiration.
5. Do you speak any foreign languages? If yes, which ones?
I used to speak (almost) fluent French because I summered there many years growing up until I left home for college. During college I took four years of Japanese which is, by the way, a super easy and cool language to learn. I got really good at it but sadly have not had the opportunity to use it so it’s faded away. But I do speak fluent Vietnamese!
6. What do you like best about yourself?
I’m a good listener. Although my husband might not agree, ha ha.
7. Favorite color?
8. Favorite fruit?
9. Are you an “early bird”?
Yes and no 🙂 I don’t wake up super early, around 6:30 but once I’m up I ready to go!
10. What inspires you to write?
11. Why did you start blogging?
I have no idea. One day when I had a moment of peace away from the kiddos I just opened up WordPress and did it with no premeditation whatsoever. I truly believe it was providential!
Now, drumroll please. After going blind scrolling through hundreds of food blog posts with under 200 followers (which is not an easy task by the way!), here are my 11 nominations for the Liebster Award. Each blog has richly inspired me with beautiful food stories and photography and are definitely worth checking out. It is my hope that I can engage them in the future to be a guest blogger for my blog and share their best photo tips for those of us who love food but don’t know our way around a camera to save our soul!
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
- What kind of camera do you currently use?
- What type of camera would you recommend for food photography?
- How long have you been doing food photography?
- What is your top tip for someone just getting in to photography, specifically food photography?
- What is your favorite prop for food photography?
- How many hours do you spend on your blog a week?
- Do you think I can learn what I need to become a food photographer simply by practice and content on the Internet, or does it required formal instruction?
- I have a digital mirrorless camera (Olympus OM-D E-M10) and nothing else. What three other pieces of equipment would you recommend a rookie food photographer invest in?
- Are there any hacks you can shine a light on to avoid buying expensive equipment or props?
- If you could share a meal with one person, who would it be?
- What would you make for this person?
Keep up the beautiful work you’re doing. You are inspiring to me. I look forward to learning from you guys!